www.crawleydownvillage.co.uk

For the Community of Crawley Down

Skip to content

MSDC Core Strategy - the houses and road again! - 2008

For disscussion on the Proposed Relief Road

Moderators: Dave Hook, johnp, spwebco, EddieL

Postby Silver Fox on 22 Feb 2008, 19:56

Mr Hale, your comment re. 'Government allocations of houses in each region' i amongst many others would like to know why it is that the poor (not in wealth) South East gets 'hammered' every time, as it seems to me when mass building work is mentioned, we must be the most heavily congested part of the country be it overcrowding thro housing per acre, traffic per mile and crumbling infrastructure 'to boot'.

Why the hell doesn't the government concentrate more on the Midlands and North to accumalate these these building programmes and at the same time get industry 'back on its feet again' as it used to be years ago, before the poor old South East finally disappears beneath 'the waves'.
Silver Fox
You're a diamond

Relief Road

Postby The Vicar on 22 Feb 2008, 21:01

Thanks Silver Fox.

Regional house builidng allocations are made by central Government ministers and civil servants working with regional assemblies through the medium of regional government offices. It is a delicate political process and allocations are also made for such policy areas as: the level of additional aggregates production each region must provide for; and the capacity of additional waste management facilities. It's always hotly contested at regional level, and County Councils often contest the county allocations made through liaison with the regional assemblies. West Sussex County Council has a history of challenging allocations in the courts, and losing, as Councillor Coote can tell you. The county allocation is then distributed to the District and Borough Councils - again, in a hotly contested political process.

Yes, there are issues of the ability of the South East to accommodate the allocated levels of development. Nevertheless, our District Council has its allocation of new houses to provide sites for in its Core Strategy.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes

Jon Hale
The Vicar
Gold Community Member

Postby conor on 24 Feb 2008, 21:42

Are we supposed to be protesting or commenting? THere is a great difference between the two.
conor
Gold Community Member

Postby squiffy2 on 25 Feb 2008, 10:06

Hi Conor.

Both :D

We need everyone to send in an objection to the Proposed Core Strategy for East Grinstead and to urge the planners to make us of the Crabbett Park option.

I would like to personally thank the hundreds of villagers who came to the CDRA Exhibiton at the Haven Centre over the weekend, and for your kind comments on the work the CDRA put in to getting this organised etc.

I would like to thank especially Sue, Bridget and Dorothy for the many hours they have spent of their own time over the past two weeks organising and making this exhibition a reality for the village.

I would also like to thank the other members of the CDRA committee, and others who gave up their precious weekends to help get the postings out to the village and for helping with the exhibition.

squiffs :D
squiffy2
You're a diamond

Postby Silver Fox on 25 Feb 2008, 21:54

Re Crabbitt Park.

See our worthy local Councillor Mr Coote (Felbridge) is advocating a site elsewhere......I wonder why?

Seriously tho the Crabbitts Park site does seem to be a rather good option not only more logical but from a logistical point of view quite a good 'runner' and i'm sure the various landowners concerned would not be to adverse to the idea depending on the 'pot of gold' available and naturally MSDC would no doubt would be up for a 'piece of the action'
if the idea were looked on in a favourable 'light'.

As they say if our elected MP's can, why not the proletariat.
Silver Fox
You're a diamond

Postby JJ on 26 Feb 2008, 01:24

:?: We did not get anything hand delivered or otherwise regarding anything to do with the CDRA,relief Road plans or anything,and it is now Tuesday 26th ! ! Other than seeing the usual 'Just Say NO' posters,and a very quick visit,it was a either a quick visit or no visit,opted for a quick visit,to the Haven Centre.Impressed by everything....Quite a few people there looking.
JJ

Postby Sue Bicker on 26 Feb 2008, 12:09

Sorry you didn't get the mail JJ and I hope you picked up the same at the exhibition. we had a mammoth task delivering to everyone and some people did slip through. Next time we would do it differently.

By the way JJ, you are not John Jory are you?
Life is a circus.
Sue Bicker
You're a diamond

Postby Sue Bicker on 26 Feb 2008, 12:24

BTW folks. the exhibition is still up at the Haven Centre on the balcony. You can go along during Haven Centre office hours. We are not sure how long it will continue to be displayed there at the moment but will notify people if it moves.
Life is a circus.
Sue Bicker
You're a diamond

Postby JJ on 26 Feb 2008, 12:46

No Sue I am not John Jory.But I will go up to the Haven Centre again,and have a more detailed look.I thought it was a one day affair.Thanks for that info.
JJ

Postby Sue Bicker on 26 Feb 2008, 13:14

Feel free to ask any questions. PM me if you need to or ask here because someone else may be wondering the same thing.
Life is a circus.
Sue Bicker
You're a diamond

Postby squiffy2 on 26 Feb 2008, 15:50

Sue Bicker wrote:
By the way JJ, you are not John Jory are you?

ROFL! If you were I would be aaking where common courtesy had gone :lol: :lol:
squiffy2
You're a diamond

Previous

Return to Relief Road