www.crawleydownvillage.co.uk

For the Community of Crawley Down

Skip to content

Candidates for WPC Election 13 June 2013

Worth Parish Council has 2 vacancies. There are 5 nominations for these vacancies. I hope to get the various applicants to give us some information about what they will do for Worth in general and Crawley Down in particular if they are elected.

Moderators: Dave Hook, johnp, spwebco, EddieL

Re: Candidates for WPC Election 13 June 2013

Postby EddieL on 14 Jun 2013, 12:01

Sue Bicker wrote:Thanks Eddie.

So 10 + 5 + 1 = 16.

Didn't understand what the exclamation marks mean though!

The ! is just short hand for multiplying in a special way. Its called Factorial x.

So 5! is called factorial 5, and you just start with 5 multiply with 4 multiply with 3 etc reducing the number by 1 each time.

Just remember, mathematicians are lazy so & sos and always like to make things look simpler, and just to prove they have had some classical education they like to raid the greek alphabet for good measure. :D
EddieL
Moderator & Site Admin

Postby George on 14 Jun 2013, 13:35

EddieL wrote: There is really no room for people to sit there and do nothing

Or for councilors to only attend meetings once every few months as some seem to do. 2 candidates from Copthorne put themselves up for election . One in particular Mr Lord was particularly impressive. He had by all accounts sat on WPC previously and had fallen on his sword because of a disagreement on the way the parish was conducted. Following this there were 2 new ones for Copthorne ,a Mrs Steine who said she knew nothing about Copthorne strange as this is the next village. And Mrs Rashia- Grau who according to figures on WPC website has attended only 1/3 of the meetings in 6 months. Hardly an interest in the Parish you might say and also wonder for what reason they are sitting on there.
George
Bronze Community Member

Postby andrew on 14 Jun 2013, 14:14

I notice that you are only fairly confident of a change at WPC Eddiel . Is the Monday meeting in The Haven or at the School at 8pm ?. Might just be there myself to see what we have all elected cos they certainly did.nt appear on my doorstep during the run up .
andrew
You're a diamond

Postby sullivj on 14 Jun 2013, 15:19

I think it's at the School Andrew.

Ian came to our door, delivering leaflets. I'm pleased to see he got elected.

If I were delivering leaflets, I would shy away from your expensive end of the village, where the houses are so far apart, you could probably only deliver 2 per hour :lol:
sullivj
You're a diamond

Postby George on 14 Jun 2013, 15:39

andrew wrote: Might just be there myself to see what we have all elected cos they certainly did.nt appear on my doorstep during the run up .

I saw Mr Lord at several different places in the village and also Mr Gibson. Go along and attend the meeting Andrew. Perhaps if the village SUPPORT the council it will give some encouragement to them and also keep us all up to date with what is being discussed. No good moaning and sitting doing nothing.
George
Bronze Community Member

Postby andrew on 14 Jun 2013, 15:49

I agree to an extent sullivj as I deliver Church and Village hereabouts. There is as you say a fair bit of walking involved, and then surprisingly, its quite difficult to get C and V through the various shaped letterboxes!
andrew
You're a diamond

Postby Sue Bicker on 14 Jun 2013, 16:00

WPC diary says:
17/06/2013 20.00 General Purposes & Finance Committee/Planning & Highways
Crawley Down Village C.E. School, Hophurst Drive. Crawley Down.

Go and keep them on their toes!!!!
Life is a circus.
Sue Bicker
You're a diamond

Postby EddieL on 14 Jun 2013, 16:21

andrew wrote:I agree to an extent sullivj as I deliver Church and Village hereabouts. There is as you say a fair bit of walking involved, and then surprisingly, its quite difficult to get C and V through the various shaped letterboxes!

I have a new respect for our postmen now. The biggest problem was the stiff brushes that seem to be installed in all those new plastic type doors. Not user friendly at all.
EddieL
Moderator & Site Admin

Postby EddieL on 14 Jun 2013, 16:24

andrew wrote:I notice that you are only fairly confident of a change at WPC Eddiel . Is the Monday meeting in The Haven or at the School at 8pm? Might just be there myself to see what we have all elected cos they certainly did.nt appear on my doorstep during the run up .

Its in Crawley Down at the school. Interestingly the agenda for the GP & F in not on the website, but I think I saw a confidential item at the end of the meeting so we will all be sent out like naughty boys & girls.

As to my confidence - mmm. There are still three district councillors on the council and they still weald a considerable influence.
EddieL
Moderator & Site Admin

Postby IanG on 14 Jun 2013, 16:38

Thank you to everyone who braved the weather and voted yesterday. I am both immensely pleased and deeply humbled to have been elected and I will do my best to repay your faith and serve the whole community well. Congratulations to Jane who I look forward to working with, as well as all the other Councillors. Commiserations to the unsuccessful candidates; individually and collectively they represent a significant amount of local government expertise and I hope that they will seek to join the council when other opportunities present themselves.

It would be good if our recent burst of democracy could lead into a good turnout at Council meetings, not only on Monday (8pm at the School, Hophurst Lane), but every fortnight. By all means treat it as a spectator sport, but its a chance to tell your council what you want.
IanG
Gold Community Member

Postby Elaine Anscomb on 14 Jun 2013, 19:00

Well done Ian and Jane and welcome. It would be great if villagers could come to the Parish meetings. They are held alternately between Crawley Down school and Fairway school in Copthorne.
If you look at the WPC box at the shops in the village you will see what is on the agenda for each meeting. I have to say I have found the meetings have been great since so many of you have been attending. We all care about the villages let's work together this is a great place to live in.
Elaine Anscomb
Silver Community Member

Postby AlanB on 15 Jun 2013, 07:21

EddieL wrote:Its in Crawley Down at the school. Interestingly the agenda for the GP & F in not on the website, but I think I saw a confidential item at the end of the meeting so we will all be sent out like naughty boys & girls.

As to my confidence - mmm. There are still three district councillors on the council and they still weald a considerable influence.

I don't know why the GP&F agenda has not been published on the website and will ask. It should have been as standard.

The confidential item on the agenda concerns parish council staff. As such it should definitely be a closed session. I would hope that any members would be politely requested to leave with an explanation of the reasons, not just "sent out".

There are two meetings on Monday - Planning & Highways, where "Consultation on the Crawley 2029: Additional Sites Allocation Consultation" and submission of amended plans for the Hastoe application could be of general interest and GP&F. The evening is arranged so that items generally of most public interest such as planning are dealt with first. Whenever possible, confidential items will be placed last on the agenda.
AlanB
You're a diamond

Previous

Return to Worth Parish Council Election 13 June 2013